Monday, April 29, 2013

Discovering Annie Sloan Chalk Paint!

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

Where have you been all my life??!!

 

For a very long time now (years!) I have wondered about using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (from here on in referred to as ASCP).

 

I found a local stockist, The Melon Patch in Bath, Ontario, but I did not venture out to look at it until about a month ago.

During that first visit I met the lovely Elizabeth Harvey who is the proprietress of this quaint village shoppe.

I purchased a litre of Provence ASCP and a can of clear wax.

I HAVE NOT LOOKED BACK!!!

I have been a painting and waxing fiend since I got my hands on the stuff and I have been breathing new life into some wonderful old treasures!!

 

Here are a few of those pieces before during and after.

 

 

An antique mirror, probably from the 1920s. Some of the ornate edging was missing, but I thought it would look great painted Provence ASCP.

 

And it turned out fabulous!!


 

After I painted the fancy work, I gently wiped some of the paint off so some of the old gold would show through. It looks very French Provicial now!!  I later moved the mirror to hang over our bed.

 

Next, I tackled an antique dresser vanity mirror. It started out like this:


 

And ended up like this!



 

Then I goofed around with a vintage sewing basket that started out like this:

 

And turned out like this after I painted then lined with new fabric.



 

I have had this next table (it is called a "dumb waiter") for about five years. I used it for a while, then stripped it because the finish was truly shi&%$#!!

But then I did not know how I wanted to finish it, so it has languished in the garage for about three years. Until ASCP came into my life and transformed it!


 
 

Is it not truly pretty now?!

I may distress the edges some and give it another coat of the clear wax, but for now I just love it!!

Last week I returned to The Melon Patch in Bath, Ontario and purchased a litre of Old White, Pure White and Antibes Green as well as a can of the Dark Wax. In a few days I will show you what I transformed using these colours!!

I love to read your comments!

Keep well and until next time!

Much love and warm hugs, Laura.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment