Friday, June 4, 2010

Thrift Store Finds from a Few Weeks Ago









I have being try to figure out how to add pictures to a specific post and I finally clicked on the "HELP" icon and Viola.....there it was....."How to add an image"! DUH!







So now that I know how to let's see if I can make it work.







I went thrifting a few weeks ago and scored a few beauties!







I was shopping at our local St Vincent de Paul and spied with my little eye! the "perdiest" pee-pot I had ever encountered. It was made by the







W. T. Copeland







and Sons







Stoke On Trent







England






The colours of the transfer pattern are still vibrant! The pottery is a creamy off white and blends very nicely in my "shabby romantic cottage chic" decor. The top rim is flat and almost an inch wide which would have made a very comfortable place to perch one's bottom!! I may use it for a plant pot or for a display of my homemade summer potpourri.


When I saw this bamboo shelf, I did not know what I was going to do with it. BUT...I knew that I was going to NEED it! LOL! It was painted "Colonial Blue" which was a popular colour in the '70s and '80s. While our bathroom was being installed I decided that this shelf was the perfect size for such a small room. So, I painted it white. I used a melamine paint which is very durable; it dries to a hard finish and will withstand high humidity found in bathrooms.
Hmmmm.....I have just previewed the blog and the pics are not showing up where I want them to show up!!! GRRRRRR!!! So....I am going to post this bit and do some more research on how to put pics where I want them!
I hope you have a truly stellar day!
Hugs, Laura













No comments:

Post a Comment